Being charged with a crime is frightening, no matter the crime, and if you are facing criminal charges, you should speak with a Mercer County criminal defense lawyer right away. Contact the Law Office of Douglas Herring today to learn more about the cases we handle and how we can assist you, every step of the way.
Mercer County Criminal Defense Lawyer | Here to Fight for You
Are you in trouble with the law? Do you have criminal charges pending against you? Mercer County criminal defense lawyer Douglas Herring can help. With over 15 years of experience, Douglas has the skill you need in the courtroom. He is a former Assistant Prosecutor but now dedicates his practice to those who’ve been charged with crimes. His unique insight into how criminal cases are formed and brought against people makes him an indispensable legal resource.
Our Legal Services
Over the years, the Law Office of Douglas Herring has handled a wide array of criminal cases, including the following:
- Assault: Even a simple fight can be misinterpreted and cause someone to face assault charges. If you’ve been accused of assaulting someone, you need competent legal representation on your side. Our firm can help.
- Asset Forfeiture: If you believe your property was wrongfully confiscated, you need an attorney with significant experience handling matters involving asset forfeiture in New Jersey.
- Domestic Violence: Your home is supposed to be a safe haven from everything else in the world. Unfortunately, many people find themselves in situations where they are trapped in their own homes or are otherwise threatened by the person with which they live or are in a relationship. However, we also live in a time where we jump the gun and give credence to baseless or fabricated claims of domestic abuse before allowing due process to occur. If you’ve been wrongfully accused of domestic violence, our firm can help.
- Drug Crimes: Drug crimes can mean heavy penalties. Attorney Herring has handled drug-related cases as a prosecutor and a defender. Because he understands both sides of the law, he can better form your defense. Our Mercer County criminal defense lawyer is adept at handling drug crime accusations involving marijuana, heroin, ketamine, ecstasy, and the charge of possession of the controlled dangerous substance.
- DUI: Were you arrested for a DUI? New Jersey takes drunk driving charges very seriously. Charges can lead to license suspension, steep fines and fees, and possibly even jail time. You need an experienced attorney.
- Expungement: Fortunately for many people who’ve been convicted of crimes, in certain cases, they may qualify for having their records expunged, or cleared. However, the expungement process should not be completed without the assistance of an attorney.
- Official Misconduct: If you are a public servant who was accused of acting inappropriately to gain a benefit, we can help. Mercer County criminal defense lawyer Douglas Herring will inform you of your rights. He will also help you and help you fight the official misconduct charges. We will stand in front of a judge to defend your rights.
- Probation Violations: If you are accused of violating the terms of your probation, there is a strong chance you will be sent to jail. This is why you need a competent probation violations lawyer on your side who can work to prove that you did not violate your probationary terms.
- Megan’s Law: Megan’s Law requires sex offenders to register for life. That being said, some sex offenders are allowed to have their names removed from the sex offender registry for a period of time in certain cases. Our firm can help.
- Violent Crime: Violent crime, such as murder, comes with extremely harsh penalties. Often, a murder conviction can result in a person spending the rest of their life behind bars. If you are accused of committing a crime of a violent nature, we are here to help.
- White-Collar Crime: White-collar crime is a blanket term used to describe a wide variety of crimes traditionally committed by people in positions of power or trust. Examples of white-collar crimes include bank fraud, extortion, and Ponzi schemes.
- Theft Crimes: Our office has handled many theft cases. We know how to get you back to your home, so you can put your legal troubles behind you. This includes extortion, auto theft, research, firearm, or anything else you are accused of taking.
- Juvenile Offenses: If you or your child has been accused of committing a crime, you need to hire an experienced attorney who can help keep your child free and with a clean record. No one should have to start out life with a criminal record. Our firm is here to help.
Over the years, our firm has handled a wide array of additional cases, including those involving armed robbery, theft by deception, embezzlement, unlawful taking, and motor vehicle theft. Remember, one mistake does not have to ruin your life. Don’t use a public defender or inexperienced attorney. Get the right lawyer on your side.
Contact a Mercer County Criminal Defense Lawyer
Attorney Herring has the experience and gumption to give you the defense you need. All you need to do is explain your case to us and we will tell you how we can help. You can call us any day, any time. We proudly represent clients in Mercer County and throughout New Jersey, including in Trenton, Princeton, Lawrence Township, Somerset County, Middlesex County, and Hunterdon County. We are also proud representatives of students at Princeton University, Rider University, and Rutgers University who’ve encountered legal troubles. Contact the Law Office of Douglas Herring to schedule your free initial consultation with our experienced legal team today.