Douglas Herring practices criminal and municipal defense in New Jersey. With extensive experience as both a criminal prosecutor and defense attorney, Douglas Herring understands both sides of the law and can determine the most effective methods to help his clients.
- 15+ years experience handing all Felonies & Misdemeanors
- Former Assistant Prosecutor in Middlesex County
- Former Assistant United States Attorney in the District of New Jersey
- Former Deputy District Attorney in Los Angeles. Assigned to the Hardcore Gang Unit in Compton.
- Conducted over 100 jury trials.
- Taught Prosecutors the use of computerized presentations for trials.
- Unlike many other attorneys, Mr. Herring focuses exclusively on the practice of criminal law. This exclusive focus allows him to understand your situation and the law that relates to your case. This experience will make an immeasurable difference in your case.
Douglas Herring is a 1991 graduate of Washington University in St. Louis and a 1996 graduate of Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. After working as a defense attorney, Mr. Herring began as a Deputy District Attorney in Los Angeles. Eventually, Douglas Herring was assigned the elite Hardcore Gang Unit in the Compton Courthouse and the Norwalk Courthouse. Douglas Herring relocated to New Jersey and worked as an Assistant United States Attorney in Newark and Trenton. He moved to state court crimes and began as an Assistant Prosecutor in Middlesex County. Eventually, Douglas Herring was the busiest prosecutor on a trial team where he handled all aspect of the cases from the original charging through trial before a jury.
This prosecution experience gave him the knowledge to understand the thinking of criminal prosecutors, which is invaluable when planning effective defenses for someone accused of a crime.
Douglas Herring now engages solely in the practice of criminal and municipal defense.
- American Bar Association
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- Mercer County Bar Association
- Somerset County Bar Association
- State Bar of California