If you’ve been arrested and have criminal charges pending against you, Trenton criminal defense lawyer Douglas Herring can help. Contact the Law Office of Douglas Herring today to learn more about how our legal team can fight for your rights, every step of the way.
Do I Need a Trenton Criminal Defense Lawyer?
Attorney Douglas Herring has over 15 years of experience defending people’s rights. Many criminal charges can lead to prison time. You don’t want a public defender defending your freedom. You need an experienced, skilled, and hardworking attorney. You need Trenton criminal defense lawyer Douglas Herring.
Our Legal Services
Our firm handles a wide array of criminal charges, including the following:
- Asset Forfeiture
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- Official Misconduct
- Probation Violation
- Megan’s Law
- Violent Crimes
- White-Collar Crimes
- Juvenile Offenses
Were you arrested on DUI charges? New Jersey has strict DUI laws.
The penalties you face depend on:
- Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC): The penalties are worse if you are charged with a BAC of .1 or higher.
- Previous DUI Charges: The more DUI charges you get, the worse the penalization.
- Drug Possession: If you were also caught with drugs, you probably have additional charges and could face harsher license suspension.
- Commercial Vehicle: The laws are harsher on those driving commercial vehicles. A commercial driver can also lose his job.
Possible penalties include:
- Fines and Fees
- License Suspension
- Jail Time
- Community Service
Were you arrested on drug charges? This includes possession, intent to distribute and trafficking. These crimes often come with hefty sentences. If this isn’t your first drug charge, the courts may impose harsh minimum prison sentences. You don’t want to lose your freedom. Trenton criminal defense attorney Douglas Herring can help.
Evidence of drugs is usually obtained through a search and seizure. For example, on your way home, an officer pulls you over. The officer searches your vehicle. He finds drugs. You get arrested. There are specific laws that govern when and how an officer can search you and seize your property. Douglas has experience working cases on the prosecution and the defense. He knows how to identify and prove false search and seizure practices. Protect your freedom. Call Trenton criminal defense attorney Douglas Herring.
Were you arrested on theft charges? The penalties you face depend on the value of goods stolen and the way the crime was committed. There are many different types of theft charges.
Here are a few examples:
- Deception: This charge accuses you of scamming people for money. Depending on the dollar amount, you could face serious prison time.
- Motor Vehicle: If you stole a car, even a cheap car could get you years in prison.
- Extortion: This means you are accused of getting someone to give you money by threatening him. The law highly frowns on it.
- Unlawful Taking: This is the most common theft charge. Our office has helped many individuals defend against it.
Contact a Trenton Criminal Defense Lawyer
The above are just a few criminal arrest types. If you were arrested on any criminal charges, contact the Law Office of Douglas Herring today to schedule your free initial consultation. Our firm is here to help preserve your freedom.