If you are a Rutgers student who is facing criminal charges, you need a Rutgers University criminal defense attorney on your side. Not only are you facing legal penalties, but the University can also inflict penalties on you. In addition to immediate consequences, a guilty verdict will go on your criminal record and follow you around for years to come. Our firm is here to help prevent this from happening. Contact the Law Office of Douglas Herring today.
Do I Need a Rutgers University Criminal Defense Attorney?
Rutgers is a respected University. If you achieve good grades and stay out of trouble, your future will be secure. Don’t let one mistake ruin your dreams. A Rutgers University criminal defense attorney can help you fight the allegations.
Our Legal Services
The Law Office of Douglas Herring handles a wide array of crimes, including the following:
- Asset Forfeiture
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- Official Misconduct
- Probation Violation
- Megan’s Law
- Violent Crimes
- White-Collar Crimes
- Juvenile Offenses
Common College Crimes
A Rutgers University criminal defense attorney can help you with many criminal charges. Attorney Douglas Herring has over 15 years of experience defending the accused. Here are some common crimes we see college students charged with:
- Underage Drinking: If you are under the age of 21 it is illegal to possess, buy or consume alcohol. If you were caught using a fake ID to purchase alcohol, you will face additional charges and could even end up with a felony. There are defenses a skilled Rutgers University criminal defense attorney can use to save you from conviction.
- DUI: If you were caught driving under the influence of alcohol you may have your license suspended, spend time in jail, and have to pay high fines and fees. If you are under 21 and arrested for DUI, you face a different set of penalties than those of the legal drinking age.
- Drug Charges: Drug experimentation is very common on college campuses. If you are one of the unlucky ones who got caught, you need a criminal defense attorney. Fourth Amendment violations often allow your attorney to have the evidence thrown out of court.
- Hazing: Hazing means you endangered another person through fraternity initiation activities. If a serious injury occurred, you could get an aggravated hazing charge. You need a Rutgers University criminal defense attorney to help you deal with New Jersey and Rutgers penalization.
- Sex Crimes: One of the most serious charges that college students tend to get accused of is sexual offenses. You do not want to be labeled a sex offender. The penalties are harsh, and a guilty verdict will stay with you for a very long time.
Contact a Rutgers University Criminal Defense Attorney
If you need an experienced attorney, contact the Law Office of Douglas Herring. Mr. Herring is available 24/7 for a free legal consultation. The sooner you call, the better your case will be. The worst thing you can do is speak to the police by yourself. You need someone who is skilled and experienced in defending the accused and protecting your rights. Fortunately, you’re in the right place.